Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Smile—you’re on candid camera!!!




    With all the technology in place these days, people feel that they need to portray themselves in a “better light.” Take for instance, Face Book. There, they allow you to post a picture of yourself called your “Profile.” I myself, post a current picture. I am not the least bit embarrassed by how I look, that is me. What bothers me are the ones that insist on putting a picture of them from long ago. Some people on Face Book post a picture of themselves when they were in school, and I don’t have a problem with that.

    What happens when you eventually meet this person you have not seen in many years? You are surprised! Either you are pleasantly surprised, or disappointed. I am not one that is easily impressed by looks. But if I see a picture of you on Face Book or any other site on the Internet, then I see you in person and you look NOTHING like that picture, then my first instinct is to think you are a liar.

    I recently re-connected with someone on Face Book and they had a picture of themselves on their profile picture. I was pretty impressed. But when I finally met the person, I was disappointed. They still looked somewhat the same, but the first thing I thought of when I saw them was “What a liar.” And guess what??? That person ended up being the biggest liar I ever came across.

Go figure.

3 comments :

I Voted For Obama said...

I use this picture on Facebook. What do you think?

Beverly said...

Love it! :)

Mr. SouthSide said...

I used to have this picture up of facebook, but then all these women started hitting on me. It got a little redundant.