Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Dylan!!!

 

   My baby turned 7 October 14th. It is hard to believe that he is already seven. It only seems like yesterday that he was born. I bet every mom says that. There are some days I wish he would stay this age and there are other times I wish he would just grow up already. I love the fact that he needs me so much and pretty soon he will not need me as much anymore and that makes me sad. Sure, he will always need me in some way shape or form, but it is a different kind of need. When they get older, it is more of a “want” than a need. I have two teenagers and it seems that the only time they talk to me is when they need a ride somewhere or they need money. Dylan will join them soon in that aspect.


   Right now he needs me to wash his clothes, help him with his homework, sound out words when he is reading and the occasional butt wipe. He is still dependent on me but at the same time learning his independence. He is my little man.
  
   Saturday, October 23rd I will be throwing a birthday party for him. He has given each student in his class an invitation. So far there are many kids coming. When I go down the list, I notice that there are a lot of girls coming. I teased him about this and then he reminded me that there are 13 girls in his class and only 7 boys.

   He is very excited about his party, and I am excited that he is still young enough to want a party. According to Dylan, I may just be the BEST mom in the whole wide world and universe! Lucky me!!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got your priorities straight. Very nice.

Beverly said...

Always had my priorities straight. :)