Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! A Reflection on 2011

New Years Eve



Well, another year has come and gone. A lot of us at this time feel that the last 12 months of our lives were not as good as it should have been. That is why a lot of people make New Year’s Resolutions. I personally do not like to make them. I try to resolve every day of the year to make things better for my family and me.

I took the time to reflect a bit today on 2011. I have come to the conclusion that I had a pretty damn good year. Early in the year I lost my job. For a while it seemed that things were going on a downward spiral and I felt that I was losing control of my life. I have three kids to support and I had to be strong. What I really wanted to do was curl in a ball and cry my eyes out. I was looking for someone to blame. After I realized that doing those things would not change my situation, I dried my eyes and began the journey to where I am today. I had to stay strong for my kids. I had to show them that when life gets you down you don’t just give up; you pick yourself right back up and carry on. Hopefully you learn from your experiences and grow, not give up.

I was looking for work and unemployed for several months. I was scared. I had rent, car payments, bills, and groceries to buy. Very few helped me even though many were aware of my situation. I am not bitter towards these people, I just know who my friends are. I am very careful with whom I help and whom I trust. It is a very small circle. In fact, I don’t think the people I trust could form a circle. That is how few there are. Funny thing though, I would help anyone in a heartbeat. And in fact I have. I don’t expect anything in return, but there is a fine line between accepting help and using someone, and I have learned the hard way. I wont stop being giving or caring, I will just be very careful as to who is the recipients are.

I finally found a job. It is a very good paying job with a good stable company. The distance is an issue, but I have learned to get used to it. Some days are better than others, but that is with anything. I work with many nice people and the benefits are excellent as well. I plan to stay there until I retire.

I am still single, but I am learning that it is okay to be single. I don’t need someone in my life to make it complete. Sure, it is nice to have someone that you can rely on and trust and someone to be there for you, I just have not found that someone yet. I will be patient and when this person enters my life, I will know.

I wish you all a Happy New Year. I wish you all find what you are looking for in life, heath, and the happiness you so deserve.

No comments :