Monday, January 2, 2012

My Future, My Vision







I have decided what I am going to work towards in the near future. This is how I want to live my life. I have envisioned it for years. I dream about it so often it seems so real, almost scary. Sometimes it feels like a “calling”, pulling me closer and closer. I see the pictures so clearly when I am awake, almost like I’ve lived that life before, and am being called back. Here is a bit of what is in my head.


The home was the first part of my visions. I have had the vision of this home for a few years now. It is a small farm home. Light blue in color, white picket fence surrounding the yard. When you pull up in the driveway, the first things you see are the beautiful weeping willow trees. The driveway curves a bit to lead you to the front entrance. The wrap-around porch is warm and welcoming with a large swing that dangles from above. Beside the swing is a small wooden table. On that table is the book I am currently reading and a tall glass of lemonade. It is fall so there are leaves everywhere. I don’t dare rake them up as that would just disturb the nature of things. The homemade birdhouse is busy as ever with many different kinds of birds eating their meals. If I look to the left, my dog, a Cocker Spaniel, is running around lose. No leash is needed here. There are no neighbors for miles and the streets are rarely traveled. Once you travel up the few wide steps to the door, you will notice the door is yellow. Yellow is peaceful and welcoming, and everyone who walks through my front door should have a sense of peace when they enter. It is a happy home full of warmth, love, and acceptance.

The yellow door opens to a small foyer. It is a rich mahogany hardwood floor. As soon as you enter you smell the aroma of baked goods. The foyer has a small mirror on the wall upon entering. To your left is a bench with storage below for your shoes. A long pole extends from the bench to hang your coats. To the side of the bench is a compartment for your umbrellas. It rains a lot here.

To the right is the living room. With the walls painted a dusty blue, the denim covered overstuffed couch and loveseat look inviting. The fireplace is going and keeping the room cozy. It is not cold outside, but the temperature has dropped in the last month and an old farmhouse can get pretty drafty. If you look around there is no television. Only a book-shelved wall stuffed with books I have collected through the years. Snuggled next to the wall of books is a yellow striped easy chair used for reading. A nice kerosene lamp lights the room on a dark night. On the coffee table in front of the couch you will see my home-made scrapbooks of my family. This room has the same rich mahogany flooring as in the foyer. A large area rug keeps your toes warm when walking on the floor. If you look straight ahead while sitting on the couch, you will see the kitchen. The floor plan is open and inviting. Gatherings here are nice.

The beautiful mahogany flooring continues to the kitchen area where a huge country style table awaits. There is enough seating for twelve although twelve rarely sit at one time. These extra seats are for when the kids and grand kids come over. Most days you can see an almost done puzzle on this table. I can usually be found in here baking something. I have found a new passion for baking. The locals love my baking so much I take some to the local bakery and make a bit of money. I usually bake muffins. I love a good banana bread, and sugar cookies are my favorite.

The kitchen is always sunny and bright. With the big windows on every wall, the sun pours through in the morning and continues to light the kitchen throughout the day because the house faces the North. The windows are adorned with checker print curtains. They are brick red in color just as the large circular rope rug that is beneath my feet. The whole kitchen bears that brick red color. If you look on the walls, they are decorated with old fashioned kitchen art. On one wall is a picture framed with wrought iron. In the center of the picture is a coffee cup and a small sign that says 25c a cup. On the other wall is a giant chalk board that has my to do list on it along with other things like silly pictures my grand kids drew that I don’t have the heart to erase. I don’t have much on the counter tops because I like to keep the smaller appliances tucked away in a cabinet. There are a few kick-knacks on the counters. The fridge is full of magnets and art work from the grand kids.

When you look out the kitchen window you will see a vast backyard. There are many lilac trees and when they are in bloom, I have no need for my lilac candle, as the scent from them is so overpowering the aroma just fills my home. The summer time is when I am out here the most. I do my writing out here. The sounds and smells of nature keep my senses keen while I write my next novel. I sit in my lounge chair mostly when I write, and it is next to the garden with the waterfall. The peace and tranquility I get from being out here is just what I need to get those creative juices flowing.

That is what I have so far in my vision, my dreams. I see no reason why I cannot achieve those dreams. With a bit of hard work and determination, this will happen.

Illinois holds nothing for me. Besides my Mom, sister, and a few close friends, there is nothing here for me. Dylan, my youngest, will come with me. I have two older children as well. They are more than welcome to come with me on my journey to the unknown! It is time to move on and experience new places, new faces, and new adventures.

No comments :