Friday, December 11, 2015

A day in the life of unemployment






Day Two:

It is now day two. It feels like day 100. I woke up this morning full of energy. I thought to myself, “This is going to be a great day!” I was definitely trying to see the positive in this horrible time in my life. I updated my resume and logged onto every job site located on the Internet. As I was searching, I found myself looking for jobs out of state. Why not? I have nothing left here. I would miss my mom terribly, but other than that, there was nothing here for me.  

Soon, my energy level was depleted. I realized that I was in the “I don’t care” phase. Not a good phase to be in. I tried to do things around the house. I thought if I organized my house the other aspects of my life would immediately be organized as well. Then I realized it does not work that way. Needless to say, my house is still in disarray. There is nothing worse than walking around the house aimlessly with your head in a jumble. Many thoughts were going through my head. How am I going to pay my rent? How am I going to feed my kids? What about insurance? Oh yeah, and the one that is weighing the hardest on my mind is Christmas. Then the tears came. Tons of tears. It would not stop. It was like someone turned on the faucet in my head. I spent the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself.

No comments :