Saturday, December 12, 2015

A Day in the life of being unemployed





 

 

Day three:

It is now Wednesday…… I think. Who knows anymore. I’m thankful my son is still in school to help me keep track of what day it is. I managed to get out of the “feeling sorry for myself” phase. I quick slap to my own face took care of that. I had my good cry and now it is time to concentrate on my life and what the heck I am supposed to do with it. I am 49…. No spring chicken here.  I could return to school. I did start a Medical Transcription & Editing online course. However, because I did not have enough time to complete the work I received a failing grade which resulted in my financial aid being terminated. Oh joy, why could I not have gotten fired when I was still enrolled? I find myself with a TON of time now. In order to finish, I would have to pay out of pocket for this semester. Yeah, I have six-hundred dollars lying around. I am kicking myself in the ass for this mistake. How l would love to finish this course. My plans were to finish this then proceed to take the Medical Billing & Coding course. I have realized that I am not one to work for someone else. With training in both of these careers, I could have worked from home. I hate the office politics. I think that is what makes going to work so miserable.

So, as I contemplate my future, I am trying to explore all avenues. Maybe a different career? Move out of state? I am not sure what to do, but I need to do something fast.


 

No comments :