Thursday, December 10, 2015

Not just your average Monday




 

          Monday morning I walked into work. It was just like any other Monday, but this particular Monday I was feeling pretty good. Christmas was coming up. Although my daughter would not be here for Christmas, I was somewhat looking forward to it. Money is always a problem and I always struggle at this time of year, always wondering where I am going to get money to buy gifts for my kids and my family. As I look back over the years, it has always worked out. But this Monday sure tested my faith.

As I was waiting for my computer to boot up, I walked to the printer to get my work. On my way to the printer I said my “Hi’s” to all the girls in the office. As I turned to go back to my desk, my manager and a supervisor from the corporate office wanted to talk to me in the conference room. As soon as he said “This is going to be difficult to say”, I knew what was coming. What I did not expect were the lies. When someone lies, they think you are stupid enough to believe them. I think that upsets me more than the lie itself.

How do I know they were lies? Maybe it was the way he was sweating bullets when he told me it was because of my write-ups. The last one was back in June. Maybe it was the way he was shaking like he was in the middle of a seizure when he told me the customer was requesting a “Personnel change”, or maybe it was the way neither one of them could look me in the face. I had no idea this was coming. I never called in sick, and when I was sick I would work from home. All my days off were scheduled days off. I even had left over vacation time and personal time that I was told to use by the end of the year. I always asked if anyone needed help. I also asked for additional training on different things, but everyone was too busy to train me. I am not saying I was a perfect employee. No one is. We all make mistakes. But this was unacceptable. More unacceptable was the fact that they could not wait until after the Holiday’s.

 

So, here I am again. Facing unemployment. This is how it is in transportation….. time to find a new career.


No comments :