Sunday, November 22, 2015





                  
                  Thankful on thanksgiving…… and all year ‘round                               

Some say Thanksgiving is the time to give thanks and reflect on what you  are thankful for. I say we should do this every day, not just on Thanksgiving. Here are some things I am thankful for.

·         My life. I am thankful every day that I wake up in the morning. It is a fresh start, a chance to improve my life and better myself.  

·         My children. Without them, I would not know how to love unconditionally.

·         My job. Although most days I loathe my job and hate the commute, I am glad I have one. There have been many months I was without a job.

·         My house. It is not my dream home that is for sure, but I have made it my own. I have made it a safe haven for me and my children.

·         My mom. I am very thankful that she is still with me. She has become my best friend and has been there for me so much over the years. I honestly think that if it were not for her, I would be in a far worse situation than I am in now.

I try to remember what I am thankful every day. I was told that I always see the “good” in things and always see the silver lining. I have to, otherwise I would not survive this crazy thing we call life.

 

No comments :